Queenstown Gondola Video, New Zealand
Located five minutes from downtown Queenstown, the Gondola travels 480 metres high above Queenstown to the Skyline complex which gives you spectacular panorama views of Queenstown, Coronet Peak, The Remarkables mountain range and Lake Wakatipu to Cecil and Walter Peak.
What we loved about the Queenstown Gondola, other than it offers one of the best views in New Zealand. We loved the relaxed vibe, getting tickets was a breeze and then all you have to do is sit back and enjoy the ride.
The complex at the top has an amazing viewing platform along with a good restaurant – especially if you like mince pies. Just quietly one of our staff commented that the pies were the best she has ever had in New Zealand. A big claim that!
This is a must-do attraction in Queenstown, we have travelled to Queenstown many times but never rode the gondola – who knew that we had missed out on something quite special. This just shows that when travelling you have to make the effort to see things.
If you are looking for your social media pic the viewing deck at the top will give you amazing pics of Queenstown and the surrounding mountains, try a night visit – the view must be spectacular. Next time you are in Queenstown make sure you take the time to do this!
- The original Queenstown Gondola was installed in 1967
- The Queenstown gondola evelates you to 480 meters above Queenstown
- You get a full 220 degree panorama view of the mountains fo Queenstown
- The complex offers a luge, stargazing and a full restaurant
- The ride to thhe top is approximately 10-15 mins
- The gondola is fully enclosed, so it offers weather protection
- The attraction is ideal for families as well as individuals
- Visit the official Skyline website